Welcome to our Healthy Schools Page
Eating well is important for children’s health. A balanced lunch will help a child concentrate better during lessons.
At Mesne Lea Primary School we aim to ensure all aspects of food and nutrition promote the health and wellbeing of all the children.
- To ensure children have a suitable midday meal that sustains and prepares them for afternoon learning.
- To provide a safe, healthy and appealing eating environment for pupils bringing in packed lunches and ensure that free, fresh drinking water is available at all times.
- To help children develop an understanding of healthy eating.
- To promote government guidelines and national standards for healthier eating.
- To support parents/carers in providing a healthy packed lunch that meets the same standards as food provided in school dinners, taking into consideration cultural and religious beliefs.
- To ensure good behaviour and consideration for others is maintained.
- To ensure staff supervise pupils eating food from home are aware of school policy and hygiene procedures.
All of this information can be found in our Health Schools Policy.
Please take a look by clicking on the link below.
On the website below you can find a lot of information regarding School Meals.
Ideas for a Healthy Lunch Box
If your child is on a packed lunch from home here are some ideas on how to make a healthy lunchbox.