Mesne Lea Primary Website Compliance
Every maintained school must publish specific information on its website to comply with The School Information (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
School contact details
Contact information includes:
· School’s name, postal address, telephone number.
· Name and contact details of the special educational needs coordinator (SENCO)
· the name of the member of staff who deals with queries from parents and other members of the public
Information about governors, including relevant business and pecuniary interests includes:
· the structure and remit of the governing body and any committees, and the full names of the chair of each;
· for each governor who has served at any point over the past 12 months: their full names, date of appointment, term of office, date they stepped down (where applicable), who appointed them (in accordance with the governing body’s instrument of government),
· relevant business and pecuniary interests (as recorded in the register of interests) including:
– governance roles in other educational institutions;
– any material interests arising from relationships between governors or relationships between governors and school staff (including spouses, partners and close relatives); and
· their attendance record at governing body and committee meetings over the last academic year.
· Governing bodies should also publish this information for associate members, making clear whether they have voting rights on any of the committees to which they have been appointed.
Included on this page is:
· school’s admission arrangements, explaining how we will consider applications for every age group,
· arrangements in place for selecting the pupils who apply;
· our oversubscription criteria (how we offer places if there are more applicants than places);
· an explanation of the process parents need to follow if they want to apply for their child to attend your school;
· details of how parents can find out about your school’s admission arrangements through your local authority.
Our Ofsted page includes:
· a copy of our school’s most recent Ofsted report.
· a link to the webpage where users can find your school’s most recent Ofsted report.
Exam and Assessment Results
Key stage 2 (KS2) results
The following details from our school’s most recent KS2 results as published by the Secretary of State in the School Performance Tables includes the following information:
· percentage of pupils achieving the expected standard in reading, writing and mathematics;
· average progress in reading’
· average progress in writing;
· average progress in mathematics.
· percentage of pupils achieving a high level of attainment in reading, writing and mathematics;
· average scaled score in reading;
· average scaled score in mathematics.
Here is a link to the DfE school performance tables website
Information about our school’s curriculum including:
· the content of the curriculum our school follows in each academic year for every subject;
· the names of any phonics or reading schemes are using in KS1;
· how parents/ members of the public can find out more about the curriculum your school is following.
Remote education information
Details of our remote education policy can be found on the Covid-19 & Well Being page.
Details of our school’s behaviour policy:
Details of our school’s safeguarding policy:
Details of how we spend our pupil premium funding and the effect this has had on the attainment of the pupils who attract the funding including:
For the previous year
· how the pupil premium was spent;
· the impact of the expenditure on eligible and other pupils.
For the current academic year
A statement as to the school’s strategy in respect of the pupil premium allocation for the current academic year (“pupil premium strategy”):
· the amount of the school’s pupil premium allocation;
· a summary of the main barriers to educational achievement faced by eligible pupils of the school;
· how the pupil premium is to be spent to address those barriers and the reasons for that approach;
· the date of the school’s next review of its pupil premium strategy.
PE and Sport Premium
Details of how our school spends this funding and the effect it has had on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment. It includes the following:
· our PE and sport premium allocation for the current academic year;
· details of how we intend to spend your allocation;
· details of how you spent your previous academic year’s allocation;
· how it made a difference to the PE and sport participation and attainment
· How you will make sure these improvements are sustainable
Special Educational Needs (SEN) Report
Details of our school’s policy for pupils with SEN, the Local Offer and the SEN information report. It includes:
· our school’s admission arrangements for pupils with SEN or disabilities
· the steps we have taken to prevent pupils with SEN from being treated less favourably than other pupils
· access facilities for pupils with SEN
· the accessibility plan our governing body has written in compliance with paragraph 3 of schedule 10 to the Equality Act 2010
Equality Objective Requirements
As a school we must comply with the public sector equality duty. This means we:
· publish details of how our school is complying with the public sector equality duty
· publish our school’s equality objectives
We include details of how our school is:
· eliminating discrimination
· improving equality of opportunity for people with protected characteristics
· consulting and involving those affected by inequality in the decisions your school or college takes to promote equality and eliminate discrimination (affected people could include parents, pupils, staff and members of the local community)
Charging and Remissions Policy
We publish our school’s charging and remissions policy. It includes details of:
· the activities or cases for which our school charges pupils’ parents;
· the circumstances where our school will make an exception on a payment that we would normally expect to receive under your charging policy.
Ethos and Values
Our website includes a statement of our ethos and values.
The School’s Complaints Procedures
Details of our complaints procedure and arrangements for handling complaints from parents of children with special educational needs and about the support the school provides.
Requests for Copies
If you require paper copies of any school documentation, please ask at the school office and a copy will be provided free of charge.